Ten Romantic, Celebrity Wedding Dresses
There have been many stunning and iconic wedding dresses worn by celebrities throughout history, such as those worn by Elizabeth Taylor, Princess Diana, Kate Middleton, and Grace Kelly. As much as these frocks were undoubtedly beautiful, there have also been many understated, equally romantic wedding dresses worn by famous women that deserve the spotlight. Here are my top ten soft and swoon-worthy, celebrity wedding gowns.
10. Keira Knightley Simple, relaxed, and totally cool, Keira Knightley’s strapless tulle dress by Chanel’s Karl Lagerfeld was ideal for the couple’s laidback nuptials. image via US Weekly
9. Reese Witherspoon It is fitting that the Legally Blonde star, Reese Witherspoon, wore a beautiful blush Monique Lhuiller gown for her ranch wedding. Feminine and romantic, the gown featured a fitted corset top, sash, and A-Line tulle skirt.
image via Daily Mail
8. Marilyn Monroe When Marilyn Monroe married Arthur Miller in 1956, the ceremony was a secret; however, for the couple’s press photos, she wore a figure-hugging, empire-line dress featuring a ruched bodice and shoulder-length veil.
image via Mish Mash Vintage
7. Olivia Palmero Socialite and fashionista Olivia Palmero wore a custom gown by Caroline Herrera. The whole look was effortless and unique; the three-piece outfit combined a cream cashmere sweater, white shorts, and tulle skirt overlay.
image via Olivia Palmero
6. Megan Fox Megan Fox’s wedding dress choice was spot on. The flowing, Grecian gown, designed by Armani Privé and complemented by a 16-foot long veil, was perfect for her beach nuptials.
image via Daily Mail
5. Mia Farrow Mia Farrow wore a simple ensemble for her 1966 wedding to Frank Sinatra. The modern and edgy suit was the antithesis to the traditional extravagant 1950’s ballroom wedding gown.
image via InStyle
4. Aofie Cogan Model Aofie Cogan looked absolutely gorgeous in this bohemian and backless Amanda Wakeley wedding gown. The beaded headdress completed the look and was just the right mix of elegance and hippy.
image via Amanda Wakely
3. Lauren Bush When Lauren Bush married the heir to Ralph Lauren, David, in 2011, it was appropriate for the groom’s father to design her wedding gown. The intricate gown had a vintage flare and apparently took 100 craftspeople 3000 hours to hand-embroider the pearls and small flower motifs . . . the result being one of the most stunning and romantic dresses I’ve ever seen.
image via Vogue
2. Kate Moss This is one of my all-time favourite wedding dresses . . . ever. The supermodel looked as though she had emerged from the pages of Great Gatsby in the white Galliano gown and lace-edged veil; the whole look was enchanting and oh so lovely.
image via Modelinia
1. Kate Bosworth Kate Bosworth had not one but two elegant and romantic wedding gowns that top this list. Her first dress, which was worn at the ceremony and designed by Oscar De La Renta, featured a minimalist front with dramatic back that brought out the famous beauty’s soft and delicate features. Her second gown, which is my favourite of the two, was a vintage bohemian dress by Chloe and matched her relaxed ranch wedding flawlessly.
image via Martha Stewart Weddings
By Certified Wedding Planner Alexandra McNamara